C&C2022 invites you in-person to a week of art, science, and networking at a five-day conference in Venice, Italy on 20-23, June 2022.
Creativity involves the generation, exploration, and interpretation of novel and valuable ideas, and spans a wide variety of fields, including the humanities, social sciences, engineering, art, design, choreography, computer science, psychology, and education. C&C 2022 invites contributions in typical research formats – papers, posters, demos, workshops and tutorials – and in more sensory, experiential forms – pictorials and artworks. See the call for participation for more details.
Since 1993, this conference series brings together artists, scientists, designers, educators, and researchers to more deeply understand how people engage individually and socially in creative processes and how computation and other technology can affect creative outcomes.
The conference will explore the themes of creativity, craft and design that are strongly connected to Venice. After our virtual conference in 2021, which opened up Venice to the world, in 2022 the world will come to Venice to discover, engage with and learn about creativity, craft and design, including how craft and design is reshaping the Venetian region.
The conference is hosting eight one-day workshops, which will take place on the 20th June. The workshops cover a range of themes related to creativity, design, AI and craft. These eight workshops are:
- W1: Venetian Drawing Conversations
- W2: Augmenting Personal Creativity with Artificial Intelligence
- W3: Casual Creators
- W4: Virtual and in-person co-design workshops: from alternative to complementary approaches
- W5: Leading Teams To Victory: Where Creative Theory Meets Practice
- W6: Designing Morphing Artifacts for Creative STEM Explorations
- W7: Here and there, now and then: Creativity, design and instruction for hybrid environments
- W8: Making AI: Advancing creative approaches to the design of AI systems through the craft of making them
Full details about these workshops are available at https://cc.acm.org/2022/cc22-workshops/.
Conference details, including how to register, is at https://cc.acm.org/2022/